024: Travel Strategies To Take A Month Off | Fri-Date
Today’s Topic: How and why we travel (without breaking the bank)
Most people say they love travel and everybody has their own bucket list, but very few people are actually checking items off that bucket list.
If you want to make travel real priority, this episode is for you – because Kim and I have a lot of tips for travelling more often, making the most out each trip, and doing it all without gouging our wallets.
Today you’re going to learn…
- How always having an upcoming trip has made Kim and I more focused, more creative, and less stressed.
- How we manage to spend a month in Europe without racking up a huge credit card debt.
- Our strategies & tips for make the most of your trips (without coming back exhausted).
Travel Strategies and Tips
- Plan to take at least two weeks off if you are flying anywhere abroad.
- Take your time in any one place – you don’t have to see everything at once! You’re not going to get the most out of a trip to Rome or Paris if you only visit them for a day.
- You also don’t need to plan every single minute of your day! Some of the most memorable moments from our trips were unplanned.
- Book your next trip before you go home.
- Get a credit card with amazing travel benefits, and then put every purchase possible on that card.
- Sites like 1800flyeurope.com can save you a lot of money on air fare, and booking on Tuesdays makes it even cheaper!
- Find a hotel in a convenient location, but don’t book online – call them up and negotiate the rate (often, they will offer you a better deal than you find online because they have to pay a commission to those sites!).
- To help us budget, we pre-pay by arranging with the hotel to charge us monthly throughout the year. This will help you avoid that huge credit card bill at the end of a trip.
- Every week, we transfer money to a Travel savings account, and that’s our spending money abroad.
- Drink just as much, if not more, water! Dehydration is a key factor in exhaustion.
- Kindness goes a long way, everywhere!
- Did you learn something from this episode? We’d love to hear about it. Click here to leave a 5-star Review.
- Want to wind down after a long day? Try the Organifi Gold Superfood Powder for 20% off using discount code “WORKHARDPLAYHARD” at organifishop.com
- Read: “The Art of Letting Bad Things Happen (and Weapons of Mass Distraction)” by Tim Ferriss