Jeven Dovey is an adventure filmmaker and world traveler who also runs a production company (FitLife Productions) with his wife. I’ve been following Jeven for a little while online and this guy obviously understands the Work Hard Play Hard philosophy. If you check out his Instagram (@jevendovey), you’ll see this is the kind of life that most people dream about – and today we’re going to figure out how he makes it happen.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [1:55] Jeven’s childhood
- [3:50] The crazy story about how Jeven got together with his wife
- [6:45] How Jeven found himself filming a weed reality show
- [8:00] Why Jeven and his wife started FitLife Productions & what they do
- [9:50] Balancing a business with a passion for nonstop travel
- [16:25] Being a world traveler with kids
- [19:25] What people pay too little attention to & too much attention to while they’re travelling
- [24:25] How Jeven gained more than 130,000 Instagram followers in less than six months
- [31:15] Is there a significant difference between using a nice digital recorder and your smartphone?
- [33:50] Editing in Final Cut Pro (and why Jeven almost always edits video on his computer)
- [38:25] How living with a camera has affected Jeven’s personal life
- [41:50] When Jeven’s drone got confiscated (and the various issues that surround travelling with a drone)
- [49:20] Jeven’s trick for capturing a sunset
- [50:45] Why sharing pictures of food while you travel is a good idea