In This Conversation We Cover:
- [05:00] Darren talks about his decision to take time out from his degree to see the world, rather than succumbing to peer group pressure by graduating at the same time.
- [18:00] Darren explains how he learned to ration resources in unpredictable environments and his determination for great rewards, while utilizing those same attributes in his business and life. And he recounts a few failures, surprises and learning opportunities along the way!
- [23:00] Darren explains how he and his wife fell in love with Vietnam and how he came to terms with his status as an American while discovering a deep respect for the Vietnamese people and their culture.
- [27:50] Darren gets into how he built Aduro, Inc., which began as a marketing company linked to his chiropractic, wellness centers in Seattle and this grew into a hugely successful business which helps large employers manage employee wellbeing. At the core of all his success in business was Darren’s ethic of promoting good health.
- [31:00] What’s in a name? Quite a lot, actually. Best to have those attorneys on hand to get the basics right from the outset. Darren shares some smart advice on trademarking.
- [34:58] Darren tells us how he and his wife, Toni, created an accidental company, then gathered the experience, staff, and customers along the way. We hear how a leap of faith from their first mentor gave them the chance to learn and exceed expectations while building relationships that last.
- [46:36] Darren explains how recruiting his former VP of Operations and Client Services cost him some work up front, but paid off ten times over in building and training an awesome culture.
Darren is Currently Reading:
Darren is Currently Watching: