Feeling like you aren’t completely connected to your career can be difficult, especially when you don’t fully know what you want. In today’s episode, hear how Sarah Pendrick went from psychologist to marketing to entrepreneur – and how each step connects. Sarah shares her secrets on how she transitioned from one career to the next, and how she used everything she learned to create her current business, GirlTalk Network.
Sara Pendrick is the founder of GirlTalk Network, a nonprofit movement created to support and empower women. The GirlTalk Network mission is to not only empower women of all ages, but to provide resources, education, and support.
This conversation is great for those looking to switch up their career, or for those who already have but are feeling a little uninspired. We talk about quieting the noise of outside voices, how to create a successful event, and the struggles and failures that happen in business.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [0:35] What it looked like growing up in Nashville TN with 3 brothers.
- [2:03] Sarah’s multiple career tracks and the transition between them.
- [3:46] We ask the question, is college really necessary?
- [4:51] The importance of quieting the mind and how Sarah does it.
- [6:17] Sarah’s trip to Los Angeles and how it changed everything.
- [13:53] Girl Talk: what it is, what it’s about, and why it’s needed.
- [23:00] Planning events: successes and failures.
- [28:00] How Sarah re-aligns her values when they drift.
- [31:58] Sarah shares how she approaches other businesses about sponsorships.
- [35:00] How trauma and struggles make Sarah who she is today.
- [38:00] Sarah’s play hard life and what she’d like to add in to it.
- [40:00] Living for 6 months in Italy.
- [44:00] Rapid fire with Sarah.