You may not have heard the name Jay Papasan before, but you’ve definitely heard of his book, The ONE Thing. It’s the kind of book that’s taken the world by storm, but there are also plenty of people out there who misunderstand what it means. In this conversation with Jay, we go deep into how he became a writer, narrowing in on your priority (and why it doesn’t make sense to pluralize the word), and how he approaches the never-ending quest to balance achievement and fulfillment.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [02:26] Advice for aspiring writers
- [07:45] The benefits of viewing the country from an outside perspective
- [16:01] How Jay met Gary Keller
- [20:50] Recognizing how limited our time is
- [26:06] What most people get wrong about The ONE Thing
- [37:20] Applying prioritization to your life
- [48:20] How to balance achievement and fulfillment
- [55:36] Rapid-fire questions
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jaypapasan
- Read: The ONE Thing
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is produced and published by Crate Media.