This is an experimental pop-up episode about life extension. The average lifespan is about 88 years and new technologies are helping people live a lot longer. Science predicts we may be able to double our life span in the next 40 years. In this series, we’re going to explore anti-aging and lifestyle-enhancing technologies.
Dr. Jim Stray-Gundersen is the expert that NASA calls on to help the astronauts with their physical performance and actor Mark Wahlberg relies on to optimize his training (I know you’ve seen his body, so that should get your attention). You’ll learn how blood flow restriction will create exponential training results in a fraction of the time and the device he uses to make it easy.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [04:10] Dr. Jim Stray-Gundersen’s background
- [07:08] How to define human performance
- [10:44] What blood flow restriction training is and the benefits you can receive from it
- [12:20] How you can achieve blood flow restriction safely and effectively
- [20:52] How it feels to have the B Strong bands on
- [26:15] The celebrities who are catching on to B Strong
- [32:02] How B Strong is being used by NASA