- If you seriously want help building your business: sterlinggriffin.com/gainz
- LifeChanger podcast
- Instagram: @sterling
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with us on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd | @robmurgatroyd
- Read: The Success Principles
- Read: Mindset
Sterling Griffin’s whole personal development and entrepreneurial journey really started to take off in 2015. In October of that year, instead of spending his last few dollars on rent, he went to a Tony Robbins seminar. His key takeaway from the event was that he had to start spending time with successful people so he found a community of coaches and spiritual people in Encinitas near San Diego.
His big breakthrough came when he was complaining to one of those coaches about how he wasn’t selling enough of his online fitness programs. She asked him who his business mentor was but he didn’t have one. Despite the fact that he was living in his car and on his friends’ couches, he borrowed some money and got a coach. That turned out to be the missing piece in his success. He went from being homeless to making over $100,000 in seven months and other fitness coaches wanted to learn what he was doing right so he began teaching them. Now his business is focused on helping struggling fitness professionals create 6-figure coaching businesses in 90 days or less.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [8:03] Are entrepreneurs born or made?
- [11:13] The impact of Tony Robbins
- [20:26] Sterling’s dream to make transformation accessible to more people
- [22:11] Why his coaching program has such a high success rate
- [34:41] How the average personal trainer in America makes $24,000 a year
- [39:39] An employee versus an entrepreneurial mindset
- [43:59] How cognitive behavioral therapy has had a massive impact on Sterling
- [49:42] Living in Austin versus living in L.A.