Today’s Topic: Leadership
If you’re going to lead other people – in your job, in your home, or in your community – you have to learn how to lead yourself.
At the same time, if you’re anything like me, you have to be able to recognize whether or not leading is something you excel at. Over the years, I’ve realized that I’m not the best person for leading a team of employees, so I’ve had to put systems and people in place to help me. Kim, on the other hand, is a natural!
So, today, Kim and I are going to get a little introspective before she shares three things you need to know and embody if you want to be a great leader:
- A leader’s job is to hold other people’s vision
- A leader empowers. A leader doesn’t enable
- Your ego will inhibit your ability to grow as a leader, and you can only lead as far as you can grow
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with us on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd | @robmurgatroyd
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin