- 4-hour workweek — Timothy Ferriss
- The 15 Commitments of conscious leadership
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with us on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd | @robmurgatroyd
In today’s episode, I chat with the fascinating Russell Benaroya, on everything from how his Jewish heritage plays an important role in his life, to college education and entrepreneurship, the value of time and his attempts to create a sacred space for his relationships with his family.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- The importance of Jewish traditions and beliefs to Russell.
- Russell’s education and the importance of this in entrepreneurship.
- The free space that higher educational institutions provide.
- Why Russell moved to Seattle.
- His move from investment banking to entrepreneurship.
- The setting up and the drawn-out process of selling his sleep medicine company.
- What Russell means by “finishing the game” before moving to the next one.
- Stride and the “zone of genius”.
- The value of time. How outsourcing is so important.
- Russell’s ultramarathons.
- Living in Costa Rica.
- The importance of relationships and building space.
- Geographic independence and Russell’s livelihood.
- Working through Russell’s daughter’s transgender needs.