Today I discuss diet and exercise with Daniel Thomas Hind who delves into his fascinating life journey with food. As an only child, food was love to his Italian parents, however he also resorted to food as an emotional crutch. He realised the emotional attachment people place on food and formed his own company to coach people towards the most beneficial diet.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- Food as love, food as connection. Also how food became entertainment and friend for the lonely young Daniel.
- Fast food nation. How we grew up addicted to food.
- The emotional problems of being an overweight child.
- Daniel’s experience in an elite high school and college and “making a contract with himself”.
- Daniel’s experience with eating a paleo diet. The first time he felt in control of himself.
- The switch from being an agent to acting.
- The transition to Evolution Eat and coaching people in their relationship to food.
- Daniel’s new openness to a deeper meaning and connection to the Universe.