Today’s Topic: Today Kim and I talk about the break of ritual that occurs when traveling and how that can sometimes be a problem for a family. We’re planning a four-month holiday in Europe and you’ll hear in this episode that I fully admit to being a ritual-based guy. As Kim says though, when that outside pressure of the holiday pushes us into new, untested routines, we need to be prepared for change, particularly when as we juggle the needs of a growing child.
In this episode you’ll learn …
- How stepping outside of your comfort zone is an opportunity for growth.
- How Kim and I will be leveraging our “holiday” to grow our respective businesses — and ourselves.
- That circumstances — such as a holiday — will often determine a change in ritual.
- How the change that surrounds the growing up of a child will change our routine and how we cope with this.
- How to negotiate the time needs for all the family.
- That the needs of every family member are equal.
- That changes such as Kim and I are doing — selling everything and moving for four months — isn’t easy and requires a growth mindset.