Today on the podcast I am joined by Sahara Rose, Ayurveda expert and author of Ayurveda (Idiot’s Guide), and Eat Feel Fresh, a tridoshic cookbook. We talk a lot about Sahara’s time volunteering and living overseas, and what living abroad helped her learn, realize, and understand. Sahara is incredibly smart and has so much knowledge and experience; I know our conversation will be sure to inspire you to add more play into your life.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [6:13] Growing up in Boston, MA with a genius father + refugee mother
- [12:18] Nature or nurture, where Sahara’s drive came from
- [12:51] Her time volunteering in Costa Rica
- [14:43] College and Sahara’s original major
- [15:35] Her time and love for India
- [17:45] Key lessons learned living in Bali
- [23:07] Her parents reaction to Sahara living abroad
- [28:18] Being asked to write Ayurveda (Idiot’s Guide)
- [35:10] What Ayurveda is + the 3 dosha types
- [43:10] Understanding our shadow side
- [47:08] Eat Feel Fresh, all about Sahara’s new book
- [49:01] Play Hard with Sahara
- [54:30] Rapid fire
Now accepting applications for the 2019 Work Hard Play Hard Mastermind. Go to workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind or drop Rob a line at email@example.com to apply!