Today I am joined by best-selling author, and fellow podcaster, Shawn Stevenson. Shawn has been featured in multiple media outlets, as well as being a frequent keynote speaker for various organizations for his work in the world of health + wellness. I wanted to have Shawn come on the show because of his knowledge surrounding the topic of sleep – he wrote the book on it. We also talk about Shawn’s mission to really helping others become the happiest + healthiest versions of themselves.
Remember! My 2019 Mastermind is filling up quickly. This is the best way that I know of that not only grows your business, but also your relationship to the next level. You’ll be in a group of high level achievers, in some of the most incredible places, 3 times during the year – it’s going to be something you’ll never forget. To apply, go to workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [6:48] How Shawn grew up: from suburbia to the inner city streets
- [12:00] What it’s like being biracial for Shawn
- [13:55] Being diagnosed with degenerative joint disorder
- [27:13] Why sleep became so important to Shawn
- [38:12] Sleeping smarter vs. sleeping more
- [45:40] Tips on how to change your routine for better sleep
- [49:55] Shawn’s reasoning behind the name of his podcast, The Model Health Show
- [54:55] Keeping presence when your mind is going in so many directions
- [57:31] What chunking is + why Shawn does it
- [59:47] Play Hard with Shawn
- [1:05:22] Rapid fire with Shawn
- [1:07:07] Rob’s fear around the move to L.A.