011: Using The Cycle Of Growth To Change Any Habit | The Robb Review
Today’s Topic: How to change any habit
Today I’m going to discuss the 4 stages of the Cycle of Growth:
- Inception – Think New Year’s Day, you’ve just made a resolution, and you’re excited about changing… but you don’t really know what you’re up against.
- Deception – A few days in, shit starts to get real. Incorporating your new habit is becoming more difficult, the excitement is waning, and you’re running up against physical or psychological friction. Your unconscious might try to keep you safe by minimizing risks.
- Transformation – If you power through the stage of deception, you will start to see positive changes. But you also see the reality of your growing habit, and it’s not a habit yet, so you still have to actively think about incorporating this activity into your life.
- Identity – After you’ve gone through this process for weeks and weeks, you don’t have to think about incorporating this new activity anymore – you just do it.
All change goes through this process. You just have to know where you are on the spectrum and work through those stages.
- I’d love your feedback on the show, and to show my thanks I’m raffling away a ticket to Lewis Howes’ next event, every week. Click here to review the podcast and leave a 5-star Review.
- Want to wind down after a long day? Try the Organifi Gold Superfood Powder for 20% off using discount code “WORKHARDPLAYHARD” at organifishop.com